One of our Adventure Camps is based in the historical setting of Blenheim Palace, a country house and the principal residence of the Duke of Marlborough. It is also one of the only houses in England to hold the title of Palace. The grounds of the Palace include vast woodlands lakes and open pastures. The grounds are enclosed and therefore provide a haven for local wildlife such as pheasant, rabbit, badgers, foxes, trout, crayfish and some livestock.
Our camp is based next to the Bladon Lake; a small sheltered body of water enclosed by two horse crossings, which make the ideal launching and landing platforms for kayaking! The area backs onto a private woodland to which we have exclusive access, as well as an open section which makes a perfect archery range.
You can expect your children to get a real sense of the outdoors through orienteering, bush-craft and water sport activities, all designed to increase confidence, boost independence, and build teamwork skills. The Camp is all outdoors, come rain or shine, with some protection under canvas or even a makeshift shelter built from logs moss, and anything else nature can provide.
Very good camp. My 6 and 8 year olds loved it. Already asking about next summer!
- Ages 6-14
- Raft building
- Team building
More information on this camp
Dates, times & prices for Blenheim
7th- 18th August
Address & directions
Meet at the front
To give you an idea of what to bring we have put together a kit list that your child/ children may need to bring with them.
- Waterproof clothing – every day no matter what the weather
- Clothes that are suitable to get muddy/wet etc.
- Change of clothes (No matter how good your waterproof gear is!)
- Spare shoes for kayaking (will get wet) NOT CROCS
- Walking boots/ Footwear with good ankle support
- Swimwear (wetsuits are provided, but you must wear something underneath. You are welcome to bring your own)
- Packed lunch (no food provided by the Camp) and snacks
- Water bottle (enough to last the day. Some can be provided but we have no access to running water)
- Sun cream / hat
Preferably all in 1 bag that the child can carry with them
–> All labelled please!
We ask you to bring these things for the well-being of your child/children just in case we encounter different types of weather. The packed lunch and drinks are essential and your child will not be accepted without one as we cannot provide any form of food.